How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks Naturally
Rub egg whites on your belly.Time to get icky, eh? Hopefully it'll be worth it. The protein in egg whites is purported to be super good for your skin and stretch marks in particular. Whip the whites of 3 eggs to soft peaks and apply a thick layer to your stretch marks for 10 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
Get your spud on with potatoes.If you've been laying off the carbs, there's a new reason to add potatoes to your grocery list. The juices are full of vitamins and minerals that help restore skin cells. So while you're preparing some rosemary potatoes for your family, steal one and literally rub it over your stretch marks. Just hope no one catches you or you'll have some 'plain ' to do.
- To get specific, cut your potato into thick slices. Rub the pieces over your stretch marks, making sure your slice is juicy. Allow it to dry and then wash the residue off with warm water.
Use olive oil.It's high in Vitamin E, which is great for your skin. If you'd like to keep it for tonight's stir-fry, you can also use straight up vitamin E oil -- even the stuff infused with lavender, jasmine, and rosemary if you'd like. As long as it has a high concentration of Vitamin E, you're good to go.
- The idea here is that your skin will soften, and when it softens, it expands, and, in general, goes with the punches more easily. Future ones will be less likely, too!
- Rumor has it that castor oil is also as effective as any home remedy can be.
Use sugar.You've read wikiHow's How to Make a Sugar Scrub, right? A little sugar, oil, and lemon juice is a great exfoliant for shaving and what else? Yep, stretch marks, too. And you'll smell great, too!
- White sugar works best and almond oil is good, too. When you rub it in, take a minute -- or ten -- to bask in your sugary goodness. Consider it an excuse for a long shower!
Using Lotions and Juices
For new stretch marks, use tretinoin cream.This cream works wonders on your body's collagen-rebuilding skills when the stretch marks are brand new. The only caveat?Do notuse it when you're pregnant. There could be harmful effects on the fetus -- the jury is still undecided.
Be wary of creams and lotions marketed as a stretch mark-removing miracle.It's just not true. While some people may get good results, it's only with utter diligence, the fact that the skin is hydrated, and quite frankly, sheer luck and lucky genetics. So before you go shoveling out your pocketbook, think again.
- If it has retin-A or glycolic acid, you may want to consult your physician. They could be harmful; it's best to check with your doctor before you use any over-the-counter solution. You definitely don't want to deal with a skin allergy or skin discoloration!
Lounge in lemon juice.Surely you've heard of lemon juice lessening freckles, and it's the same principle: lemon juice is a natural bleaching agent. Because of that, it can help stretch marks fade more quickly. Rub in the juices to the affected area and let it dry for about 10 minutes before rinsing off. Be sure to do this several times a day for a noticeable effect.
Use shea or cocoa butter.These two items are super hydrating and can bolster skin regeneration and smoothness. If used a couple times a day, stretch marks may start fading. And it may be able to prevent new ones from forming!
- Really, any lotion is good for your skin and your stretch marks. The more hydrated your skin is, the better it'll feel and look.
Add on aloe vera.You already knew this stuff was great for sunburn and your skin in general, but it's also good for stretch marks. It's nature's super healer -- for results, use it daily. It's super safe during and after pregnancy, too!
- You can also make a mixture of 1/4 cup pure aloe vera gel, the gel from 10 vitamin E capsules and 10 vitamin A capsules (prick with toothpick or thumbtack and squeeze) and rub it on the area until your skin absorbs it.
- The raw aloe vera will leave a residue. After a few minutes, just wipe it off with lukewarm water.
QuestionI'm only 15, so why do I have stretch marks on my breasts and above my buttocks?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerMaybe because of a growth spurt or sudden weight gain -- or perhaps because of hormonal changes. It doesn't mean you've done anything wrong...some people are just more genetically prone to them.Thanks!
QuestionI have stretch marks on my breast. How can I get rid of it?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou can use aloe vera gel or cocoa butter. It lightens the stretch marks.Thanks!
QuestionHow long will it take before my stretch marks fade without using these?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThere is no specific amount of time for every person, as it varies from person to person.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I get rid of stretch marks I got as a kid?Pineapple MelaninCommunity AnswerYou can try using coconut oil (pure), olive oil or aloe vera gel.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I know it's healing?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou will start to see the stretch marks fade. They will turn from red or purple to white.Thanks!
QuestionDo panties cause stretch marks?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerNo. They don't. Stretch marks are caused by your body growing too quickly for your skin to keep up, so it stretches. If your panties are giving you red lines, get a larger size.Thanks!
QuestionWhat can a minor do to get rid of stretch marks?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThe suggestions here apply regardless of age. Give a few methods a shot and see what, if anything, works for you.Thanks!
QuestionDo stretch marks fade over time?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerSome may fade, but it depends on your body and how large the marks are.Thanks!
QuestionWhich of the tips will get rid of the stretch marks the fastest?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt depends on what works for you. Try a couple of the methods listed above and find which one is best for you.Thanks!
QuestionCan I wear short clothes because I have stretch marks in my body?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, you should wear whatever makes you feel comfortable.Thanks!
When using an egg to remove stretch marks, should the egg be cooked or raw?
How can I get rid of old stretch marks?
Why are my stretch marks turning brown to purple to dark purple and even to red?
Will the potatoes really help me to get rid of the stretch marks
Why do I have black stretch marks
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Stretch marks will naturally fade over time. Be patient.
- Be diligent. These natural remedies only stand a slight chance of working if you use them multiple times a day.
- Don't stretch after you have eaten.
- Love your body! Stretch marks are common and natural, not shameful. It's okay to want to remove them, but avoid letting it become an insecurity. Stretch marks heal.
- Another potential remedy, though harder to find, is alfalfa powder. You can mix a little with some essential oils for hydration infusion for the skin.
- Stretch marks are not permanent. They fade with time, so be patient, and don't worry too much about it.
- However, if you want to be certain the stretch marks will not stay, treat them early when they're still red or purplish. Although they fade eventually, the stretch marks will still be there, and they become harder to remove after they've healed.
- If nothing has worked and you are still concerned, talk to a doctor or dermatologist about prescription treatments that might work for you.
- None of these is guaranteed to be fully effective. Take all advice with a grain of salt.
Sources and Citations
Categories: | |
In other languages:
Deutsch: , Español: , Italiano: , 中文: , Nederlands: , Português: , Русский: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Čeština: , العربية:
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 610,398 times.
Video: How To Get Rid of Stretch Marks Fast | Natural Remedies for Stretch Mark Removal | What's TRENDing
Cosmo Speaks to the FDA About Tanning
How to Shave Off a Beard
Burn fat with berries
Clare Waight Keller reflects on her momentous year
Chef Vikkis Orange Chicken and Soba Chow Mein
22 Amazing Bob Hairstyles for Women (Medium Short Hair)
Azzaro SpringSummer 2014 RTW – Paris Fashion Week
The Items EVERY Curvy Girl Needs In Her Fashion Toolbox
How to make hips grow bigger – Exercises and home remedies
How to Get a Friend Back
C-sections May Hold Long-Term Health Risks for Baby
How to Pack a Letterbox
Date: 14.12.2018, 13:54 / Views: 54354