How to Make Curls Last Longer
If you have curly hair, or want curly hair, it can be incredibly frustrating. Curls can be quick to loosen, "fall out" and droop. They can easily appear frizzy or static if you are unlucky. However, these problems can be quite easy to eliminate.
In order to ensure the curls last a long time, do not use as much shampoo or conditioner during your regular washes.Conditioner straightens and smooths the hair, making it very difficult to curl. The natural oils in your hair will also help keep curls lasting a long time.
- Do not wash your hair the day or two before you plan to curl.
Start this process at night time.Rollers should be left in your hair for around 10 hours so a good time to have them in is while you sleep. Since you will need to wash your hair before putting in the rollers, it also makes sense to do this at night.
Wash your hair then let it dry so that it is damp.It is best to put in the curlers when your hair is damp so that the curls last longer. Additionally, the hair will be easier to work with if it is damp.
- Let your hair air dry rather than using a towel. Using a towel will make your hair difficult to put into rollers.
- Only use water when washing your hair before a curling.
Comb your hair to remove any knots.Combing your hair can help straighten it out so that the rollers will be more effective. Refer to this article about combing for more information.
- Continue combing until the comb does not catch any knots.
Apply a curling enhancer before putting in the rollers.It is best to use a spray as a cream can leave white flakes behind in your hair.
- Let the spray sit in your damp, combed hair for around 3-5 minutes before putting in the rollers.
Put in the rollers.Divide your hair into equal 1-inch wide sections. Roll each of these sections into the roller so that your hair looks uniformly curly after the rollers are removed.
- Continue putting in the rollers until all of your hair is rolled up.
Apply a few more sprays of hairspray after you have applied the curlers.If you do not have naturally curly hair, hairspray is the key to ensuring your curls will last a long time.
- Do not use much more than three sprays since too much hairspray can be damaging to your hair and the environment.
Remove the rollers in the morning to finish the process of curling your hair.Remove the rollers slowly so that your hair does not snag. Instead of pulling the rollers, roll them out. Reverse the process of putting them in.
- Apply even more hairspray to ensure that your curls last for a long time.
Using a Curling Iron
Be sure to dry your hair completely before starting this process.Irons require dry hair in order to work effectively and can burn if your hair is wet.
- You may also wish to apply a heat-protective spray to your hair before using the iron since it can be dangerous the first few times. These sprays can be found at any beauty store.
Plug in your curling iron and start to pre-heat it.Since heat is what makes the hair curl, it is important that the curling iron is very hot before you start to curl. It should be 200 degrees or above.
- Do not use a cheap iron. Invest in a more expensive, reliable iron which will provide consistent heat.
Split your hair into fairly equal sections and run the curling iron from the base to the tip.Go at a consistent pace so that the iron does not have time to burn your hair.
- Be sure to avoid letting the iron sit in one place too long.
- Do not let the iron touch your skin since it is very hot.
After each curl, pin the curl to your head with a hairpin.Leave the pin in for around 10-15 minutes.
- This will help hold the curl in and should increase the time the curls stay in your hair.
Once your hair is all pinned up and curled, apply hairspray.Apply a liberal amount, maybe around 10-15 sprays.
- Hairspray is key to holding hair in place and will help curls stay for a long time.
- Let the hairspray sit in your hair for around 10-15 minutes.
Release the pins and your hair.Your hair should now be in curls that will last for a long time.
- You can also then braid this hair before bed if you want to try an alternative method.
QuestionHow long do curls take to disappear?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt depends how much activity you do, when you shower, or how long you want to keep them in. All curls disappear in the shower.Thanks!
- Using too much product in your hair e.g. mousse and hairspray, can make your hair heavy and roots lank so the curls don't stay in as long.
- The natural grease in your hair can help hold the curl sometimes, so you could try curling your hair using tongs etc when it is dry.
- Don't wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner as frequently if you want better curls. Only use shampoo and conditioner once a week.
Video: 5 TIPS FOR LONG LASTING CURLS | How to make curls last all day
How to Teach the Apostles Creed
10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Using An Exercise Cycle
7 Ways to Protect Your Joints With RA
Chicken Chili With Black Beans
Armarkat Slipper Shape Pet Bed, MochaBeige
10 Best Benefits Of Jumping Jacks Exercises For Your Body
22 Expert Tips and Swaps for Eating Less Dairy
Womens Tony Bianco Aroma Strappy Sandal, Size 10 M - Beige
How To Wear A Black Shirt, According To Chris Hemsworth
Courtney said she told Urban Meyers wife about the alleged abuse
Sprouts With Pancetta And Parmesan Recipe
10 Unique Short Hairstyles for Men Styling Tips
INSTRMT Opens First Store
What those tiny rivets on your jeans are for
How Apples 1 trillion market cap compares to the largest companies