What Are Child Custody Laws in Alabama?
An Alabama court may order with or without the consent of both parents when it serves the . In Alabama, may be and , or just joint legal custody. The court considers several factors when determining whether joint custody serves
- Each parent's agreement or lack of agreement on joint custody
- Any history of child abuse, spousal abuse, or kidnapping
- Each parent's geographical proximity to each other, as it relates to the possibility of
- Each parent's ability to encourage love and affection between the child and the other parent
- Each parent's ability to cooperate and communicate with one another and to make joint decisions
If an Alabama court determines that has occurred, the court will presume that it is not in the best interests of the child to be placed in the or joint legal or physical custody of the person accused of domestic or family violence.
A judge in an Alabama court may also determine what kind of impact any had on the child such as does the child fear the parent responsible for domestic violence? Does the child have anxiety, recurrent nightmares or need counseling as a result? The court will take this kind of trauma into consideration when making their decision.
Relocation and Child Custody in Alabama
If a parent hopes to , the court will consider the following factors:
- The quality of the relationship between the child and the parent who is requesting a relocation, the child's other parent, and the child's other family members
- The child's age and needs - the court will give to special needs children
- The child's preference, considering the child's age and maturity level
- Whether the relocation will enhance the child and the quality of life, including financial, emotional, or educational opportunities
- The availability and cost of alternative means of communication between the child and the parent who is not relocating
- The reasons that the parties are seeking or opposing a move
For more information about in Alabama, speak with an attorney in Alabama or refer to the Alabama Domestic Relations Code.
Video: Reform Alabama Custody Law
50 Headphones Tattoo Designs For Men – Musical Ideas
More home remedies to remove dandruff naturally
35 Gorgeous Peekaboo Highlights
35 Perfectly Versatile Jumpsuits to Take You ThroughSpring
12 Things That Change About Sex When You Get Married
Top 5 Reasons to Get CPR Training Now
How to Buzz Cut Hair
Cómo unas deportivas pueden elevar cualquier look
Nipple changes breast cancer Results from Everyday Health